This week I've been struggling eating anything other than soup, due to my wisdom teeth. Which has been a bit of a nightmare, however due to my new 'wisdom' I came across this soup recipe!! It delicious and perfect for the wet wintery days.
Curried Sweet Potato & lentil Soup
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , grated
- 1 eating apple , peeled, cored and grated
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 20g pack coriander , stalks chopped
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger , grated
- 750g sweet potatoes
- 1l vegetable stock
- 100g red lentils
- 150ml milk
- Put the curry powder into a large saucepan, then toast over a medium heat for 2 mins. Add the olive oil, stirring as the spice sizzles in the pan. Tip in the onions, apple, garlic, coriander stalks and ginger, season, then gently cook for 5 mins, stirring every so often.
- Meanwhile, peel, then grate the sweet potatoes. Tip into the pan with the stock, lentils, milk and seasoning, then simmer, covered, for 20 mins. Blend until smooth using a stick blender. Check the seasoning and serve, topped with roughly-chopped coriander leaves.