Knitting Grannies

As you've read, I am nowing trying my hand at knitting. This IS a working progresss & seems to have gone in reverse after a bit of a malfuction & I had to undo three days work!! There were a few expletives flying about when this happened.

TIP: Don't run before you walk.

The reason for this malfunction was - I had completed around 25 rows of good knitting and was pretty chuffed. However this led me to believe that I could take on the world & thought I should throw in a couple of 'cable stiches'. Hrumph! "Throw in" Who was I kidding!!??
Pete started to view his scarf with a worried look and bravely suggested I stuck to knitting. He is a brave man isn't he!?

Anyway I am continuing in my quest to create Pete a scarf, even if it means him wearing it in the height of summer! I shall blog some photos when it is nearly finished....

In the mean while our knitting needs have been fullfilled by Granies Inc! This is a awesome website where you get to design your own wooly hat and then a 'granny' will knit it for you. It truely is ACE. A couple of friends have got hats from them & they're really lovely.
So Pete and I have designed and ordered our hats - due to arrive this week!

Guess what!? I went onto their website http://www.granniesinc.co.uk and they've chosen my hat design as one of the Top 3 designs of the month!! How cool is that?

Shall let you know when it arrives :)



No comments:

Post a Comment