What to do, what to do?

So what do you do when you're strapped for cash and the sun decides to go on strike, canceling the option to go sit in the park, people watch, read book & sit outside?

Hmm yes well I currently don't have the answer as such... However because I'm a bit of a curious sod who likes to attempt a challenge, I'm gonna see what I can find to do nearby for little or no money.

This immediately cancels out:
The Greenwich Picturehouse (fab little cinema)
Also going out for food (coffee is allowed & maybe a bit of cake??)
Paying for the Greenwich Observatory -this used to be free :(
(Not that I ever really went other than to show friends and family the 'line in the ground'. You can still, sort of, do this through the bars)

My aim is to try and find out about the random not so well documented things you can do in SE London. A bit like when I found out about pop-up supperclub culture - Major Excitement!

There's got to some cool underground stuff going on somewhere nearby!?


So after doing some research I have decided 'event's' are the answer. London is the epicenter for one off events, happening all the time, all over London. The best bit most are free!

So here is what I've found that is going on around SE London:

DIY DJ (entry free).
Thursday 27th Oct 8pm @ The Ravensbourne Arms, Lewisham
Everyone can be a DJ at a new South London vinyl night. The organisers of unique music night DIY DJ are asking everyone to scour their record collections and playlists for tunes with a ghostly connection. Lynne from my local cafe - 'You Don't bring me Flowers' will there DJing to!

Blackheath Fireworks (entry free).
Saturday 5th Nov 8pm, Blackheath


South East London Zine Fiest (entry free).
Saturday 12th Nov 12 - 6pm @ The Amersham Arms, New Cross
Comix, Zines, and all kinds of self published goodness! Readings, storytelling, poetry with the readhorse zine collective and exhibition upstairs. Stalls, workshops and fun and games downstairs!
If you read my blog and don't know what a zine, a fanzine is - you'd better find out ;)

Christmas FUSS Fair (entry free).
Saturday 3rd Dec 12-7pm @ Staplehurst Road, Hither Green


If you know of any other things that might be going on do let me know!
:)





No comments:

Post a Comment