Christmas FUSS Fair


So you might have noticed that my posts have been getting shorter and shorter and less frequent. Well it is all due to the fact that I had turned into a complete FUSS POT! Since joining FUSS just over 4 months ago, I managed to throw myself into helping out with the Christmas Fair that took place last Saturday.

And I have to say I think it was a complete success!! So much fun, so many new faces and just a generally great Christmas vibe throughout. The fair has been going for around 5 years now and usually is around 20 stalls just at the entrance to the station. This year, we had 40 stalls and closed off twice the amount of Staplehurst Road. Even though there were gail force winds and a few stalls had to batten down their goods :D the sun shone and people turned up in droves!

As well as helping out with the event itself, I managed to have a stall of my own... which I sold homemade Vintage fabric baubles and handmade Swedish stars. ( Not quite sure how I managed to make all the goods in time, help with the event organisation and have a full-time job!!???!!) Oh, mind you the odd amazing friend did give me assistance with the making - Thanks Rach! :D

I shared my stall with a friend, who came up from Welsh Wales & also has a blog - Hyfryd. She made fresh Welsh cakes (she made that morning in my kitchen - the smell was AMAZING!!) Barabrith and Individual Christmas cakes, iced beautifully.

It was SUCH great fun!! Especially cause I had some other friends who had stalls on either side of me:  Bex & V - Girl With Beads and also the Fabulous Gisela Torres! Gisela is a photographer by proffesion, but on this occasion she took on the role of 'Vintage Stall' holder!

To keep us all going and cheerful. I decided a bit of home brew Mulled Cider would do the trick!!
And I tell you what... they practically jumped on it when I came down from the flat with a giant vat of steaming hot spiced goodness. It went down a storm.

Here's the Mulled Cider recipe I used - it was delish!! And yep, it's a good old Jamie Oliver recipe.
Oh, the only difference was I was Old English Cider... and 3 liters of it!! ;D

If you've never had mulled cider.... try this one out!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment