Pop-up Supper Clubs

As it has been the longest gap between posts ever, I've got another one for you already!!

You'll be realising that I've got lots to tell you about and things to blog about. So hopefully over this next month I'll have a chance to post about all my adventures, places I've been too, cooking and just general stuff I've found out along the way....

The first thing I want to tell you about is how I'm making more of an effort to find out what things are happening around London, and my local area (thus the previous post regarding Hither Green).

Now I'm sure you'll have heard about the recent influx and interest in pop-up supper clubs that has swept, not just over London, but also the UK. I, myself have been to two so far. Firstly, The Savoy Truffle Club, which is based in Blackheath, SE London and also recently Leluu which is a private kitchen based in East London, Hackney. Here are some very rough photos of my evening. sorry they're not amazing...I may have been a little tipsy by the time I remembered to take photos ;) Woops!

Uyen, the Lasdy who runs it, served up an amazing EIGHT course meal. It cost grand total £35 donation that was put discreetly in an envelope at the end of the night (by it being all 'donation' it keeps it legal) Myself and friends took a few bottles of wine, which come on, you end up taking a little more just incase you run out. So what happens... you end up drinking it all anyway!

Uyen, was first and foremost a designer and even had a shop on Carnaby Street. That was all before her blog and Supper Club took off. She is now cooking at Jamie Oliver's private kitchen and helping to raise money for his foundation
 
I had quite a chat with her, not only has she got bundles of creative talent she also has a superb talent at cooking delicious food. There was around 14 people there that night, we all had 8 courses and no one was waiting for thing. Pretty impressive considering she just had her brother helping out.
Anyway, she's seen my blog and has advised that if I want to take it to the next level I need to start tweeting. I don't have a twitter account currently, but am now seriously considering it. If anything, just to see if it really does make a difference.

Uyen, if you are reading this, 'Thank You' from Teressa, Gemma and myself. We had a fabulous evening at your home and I don't think I have ever loved every single course of a meal so much! Let alone all eight of them!


If you've never been to a pop-up supper club I can't recommend them enough! So much fun, exciting and just brings out the adventurous side in you. You never know who your gonna meet, where you're gonna go and what delicious food you'll get to eat. As a general rule you don't even get told where you're going until a couple of days before.

If you are tempted but aren't sure there's one near you, here is a great website with a list of all the supper clubs around at the moment. It was set up by Ms Marmite Lover, who herself runs a vegetarian super club. Go on try one out and let me know how it goes: Supper club Fan Group

Just found a few more photos for this post...
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Emma - Thank you so much for bringing your lovely friends into my home. Really happy that you enjoyed the food - we work really hard on making it all tasty! I am really lucky to always have lovely people such as you and your friends come to eat and to be able to do lots of exciting things from just loving food.

    Hope you see you all again really soon
    Love Uyen xxx

    ReplyDelete