Hither Green & Surrounding Area


So like many others who live in this area we know how lovely it is. But when you read some reviews of the area they aren't that amazing :S

I thought I'd make a change to this, and devote my energy to have a good nose of the local area and tell what goes on, where to go and what you can do. Over the next few months my aim is to try and go to two of the places on my list per month - wish me luck!

Here is the list I'm planning to investigate - feel free to let me know of any other ones you think I should add :

Hither Green:
Cafe of Good Hope

You Don’t bring me flowers - 
A great little cafe on the main street in Hither Green, I briefly mentioned it before here.
Here is a review from another blogger:

The Beat That My Heart Skipped

Hither Green Deli
Recently been taken over and the food and coffee smells amazing - am yet to try.

Deptford:
Deptford Project

Deptford Deli (was the Depford Properly)

The Waiting Room - Cafe

Manze pie and mash shop - Deptford
Here are a couple of reviews:
Pink Sauce
The hungry Cyclist

The london Particular - Cafe
A lot of people seem to like this place, here are a few reviews from other bloggers:
Scrambling Eggs
Hollow Legs
The Hatcham Supper Club
I Eat Everywhere

The Big Red Pizza Bus - Next to the Bird's Nest Pub
The Dame of Deptford also wrote about it here

Greenwich:
The Hill - Gastro pub /restaurant

The Creaky Shed - Green grocer

The Greenwich Union - Great little pub

Royal Teas - Cafe

Fishmonger - this is a fishmonger ;)

Cheese Board - Funnily enough a cheese shop

La Fleur - Florist and cafe

Blackheath:
Black Vanilla - ice cream shop & cafe !

Friday Food Club - Pop-up supper club

New Cross:
The New Cross House - just re-opened

Southwark:
Physic Garden - Plants, garden, Cafe, pop-up supper club, film screening, yoga, wood stove baking lessons.... this list seems endless!

If I end up visiting any other interesting places nearby that aren't on the list, I'll try and blog about those ones too.... Just need to decide where do I go first?

2 comments:

  1. My partner and I have recently bought a house in the Western side of Hither Green, two blocks away from Mountsfield Park, and we got so much space for our money! Coming from Balham I was a bit doubtful about the area, but I found Hither Green to be very safe and the people very friendly! I’m a Director for a Media company in Soho and work very long hours so an easy commute is very important to me. It’s only half an hour into central London and that’s priceless! Hither Green is definitely a hidden gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it is so lovely to here someone else has fallen for the charms of Hither Green. I have myself just recently moved to New Cross but still see Hither Green as my home and often head back for a coffee from Lynne at You Don't Bring Me Flowers. Mountsfield Park is lovely and the views are fantastic from the top of the hill. Have you found any hidden gems in the area yourself?

    ReplyDelete