A Blackout With One Torch

After bringing many samples of my cakes and bakes into work (Pete refusing to eat any more cake..) One of my colleague's, Ben, asked if I would bake his Misses a Big birthday cake. Of course not one to turn down an excuse to bake, I said yes.

His main requirement was that it needed to be:
"Chocolate overload, with more chocolate!"

So I decided to bake my "A Blackout With One Torch" cake. Strange name I know, it's to decribe a three sponge chocolate cake that is drenched on all layers and topped in rich chocolate custard. Except for the center section of the cake that has a smooth white chocolate cream frosting - that'll be the torch.. Then finished with wizzed up cake crumbs over the top. Don't think it could get more chocolate!

Here are some pics of the cake during the "building" of it and the finished product. Ben did say he'd take a photo of Jazz enjoying it for the blog too - so watch this space...


Nearly forgot...

"HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY Jazz!"
Hope you enjoy the cake and have a fab day on Monday, also hope you have a superb weekend celebrating! :D


2 comments:

  1. 14th February. Just putting that date out there and i don't mean valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo the question is which one would you choose? :D

    ReplyDelete