Harrison's Carrot cake

My friend Jo, who told me about the amazing Yorkshire pud recipe, gave birth on Wednesday 14th July to a lovely little boy - 'Harrison'. So in true fashion I decided to bake them a cake to celebrate!! :D

Carrot cake I decided on. Now I've done carrot cakes before and they're BEASTS! Three tiers to be precise. So for their version I tweaked the recipe slightly, made it a 2 tier with a slightly different version for the icing.
Because I've been seeing the bump grow and have now met wonderful Harrison, I had to make sure it would be up to his standards ;o)

Here is how I got on:
So here is how I made Harrison's Carrot Cake:

RECIPE
200g Light muscovado sugar
2 medium eggs - fresher the better!
200ml sunflower oil
200g Rice Flour (can use plain flour if you don't have rice flour)
1/2 tspn Bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tspn Baking powder
1/4 tspnground ginger
1/2 tspn ground cinnemon
1/4 tspn ground mixed spice
salt
200g grated carrots
75g whizzed up walnuts

35g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar
35g creamcheese
2 tbspn lime juice

METHOD
Mix up the sugar, oil and eggs until combined. Then sieve in the flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix well. Then add grated carrots and whizzed up walnuts - mix.
Spoon into two sandwich tins and pop in a pre-heated oven at 170oc for 20-25mins until bouncy.

For the icing you'll unsalted butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and some lime juice.
Mix well and spread - volia!!


No comments:

Post a Comment