Raisin me loaf!

So using my freebe stash of yeast from St John's, I jumped back into the kitchen to have a go at another loaf. I fancied trying something a bit different, so decided to do a 'Raisin, Hazelnut & shallot loaf.

Here is how I got on...

First fried off the shallots before adding my crushed hazelnuts and the raisins....


And then started working the dough. I'm currently having to do this on the kitchen table, as it works better being glass than a wooden surface - thus my back kills, let alone my arms...
You can see the shallot mixture in the backround which was added to the dough before leaving it to rise.

Throw, fold and trap in that air, Raaaa!!

Just before it goes in to be baked..
And the finished result - following as directed I baked them for 30mins, but think it may have needed 5 mins less. All the same it's lush!



Great with a bit of home-made pate, chutney & Pete's pickled onions :D

No comments:

Post a Comment